Melburnians have long adored this region as a nearby getaway haven from the capital. Today, the Yarra Valley is equally revered as one of Victoria’s best destinations for hosting a conference or event of any shape and size.
With picturesque scenery, incredible venues, feel-good activities, tempting incentives, and a world-class food and wine culture what’s not to love!
Snapshot of Yarra Valley & Surrounds
- The Yarra Valley is a 50-minute drive northeast of Melbourne CBD. There is no public transport to the Yarra Valley itself, so the best way to get there is by hire car or private bus.
- Melbourne’s Tullamarine Airport is the main airport for Victoria, offering plenty of domestic and international flights each day.
- From Melbourne Airport, you can be in the Yarra Valley in a one-hour drive. Airport transfers are available.
Highlights of the region
- Over 80 cellar doors to choose from including Rochford wines and Domaine Chandon.
- Unique group experiences in the vineyards such as segwaying through the vines, grape stomping, orchard tours, or wine and cheese matching.
- Local breweries and artisan cider producers (check out Innocent Bystander and Watts River Brewing).
- Award-winning gin distillery at Four Pillars, offering tours, tastings and group classes.
- Healesville Sanctuary zoo which specialises in native Australian animals.
- Hot air balloon rides over the valley (best experienced at dawn).
- High ropes courses, archery, cycling or rainforest walks.
- Famous Puffing Billy steam train through the mountains in the nearby Dandenong Ranges, with first-class dining options onboard and event spaces available at some stops.
- Superb golf courses in the region including the Greg Norman-designed course at The Eastern Golf Club.
- Premium retreats, resorts, and lodges in the region that have everything you need on-site including event facilities, accommodation, and team-building experiences.
Venues and Accommodation
Homesglen at Eidon is an award-winning, purpose-built events retreat situated on 660 acres of stunning surrounds. Or for a premium event venue and accommodation in a vineyard setting check out Rochford wines.
However, there are many other conference venues and accommodation options across the Yarra Valley to choose from. For help finding the perfect option for your events, send us your event requirements today.
Business Events Grants
Victoria’s National Business Events Program provides funding to event organisers hosting new business events held in regional Victoria. Applications are now open and close on 31st Dec 2021.
If you would like more information on this grant or need help in applying please contact us.
Would you like to know more?
If you are interested in planning a conference or event in the Yarra Valley and would like more information, please contact us here