Home to one of Australia’s most recognisable landmarks and natural wonders of the world, Uluru is truly a one-of-a-kind destination for events.
This region has dry, sunny weather all year round however, like the rest of the Northern Territory it can get very hot in the summertime. So for ideal conditions, visit Uluru between May and September, when the maximum temperature during the day is usually between 20°C and 30°C.
Did you know... The majestic Uluru is 600 million years old and sits at 348 metres tall – that’s 48 metres taller than the Eiffel Tower!
Snapshot of Uluru & surrounds
- The Uluru region has its own airport – Ayers Rock/Connellan Airport. There are regular direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Darwin, Adelaide, and Alice Springs.
- Uluru to Alice Springs takes around 4.5 hours by car.
Highlights of the region
- Uluru (Ayers Rock) is the main attraction and is particularly beautiful to experience at sunrise or sunset.
- Kata Tjuta (also known as the Olgas)
- Indigenous cultural tours and experiences (check out the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre).
- Kings Canyon and the Watarrka National Park
- A great range of tours to explore the region including helicopter, motorcycle, camel rides, segway or walking tours.
- Clear night skies – perfect for dinner under the stars.
- Unique Australian fauna and flora
Venues and Accommodation
There is a surprisingly vast range of accommodation options in the region to suit events of all sizes and budgets. For example, 5 Star Sails in the Desert Hotel is one of the larger options with numerous event facilities and 228 rooms and suites to choose from. Or for something a little different try luxury glamping at Longitude 131 where you can enjoy views of Uluru from your bed. A fantastic option for corporate incentives!
For help finding the perfect venue for your Uluru event, send us your event requirements today.
Business Events Grants
The Northern Territory Business Events Support Fund (NTBESF) is currently providing funding for some events held in this region. To find out if your event is eligible or for assistance in the application process, feel free to contact us directly.
Would you like to know more?
For more information on the Uluru region or for help with venue sourcing please contact us here