For our first destination famil we head to the far north corner of NSW to explore the Tweed and Far North Coast. This spectacular region is characterised by a mix of picturesque coastal towns, riverside villages, and lush hinterland valleys. With a sub-tropical climate and a very mild winter, this region is wonderful to visit all year round.
Did you know... the town Tweed Heads is sometimes referred to as the place where you can change time zones – even celebrating New Year twice within an hour by crossing the street into QLD!
Snapshot of the Tweed & Far North Coast
- Gold Coast Airport is just a 10 minute drive to Tweed Heads and offers daily domestic and international connections.
- Ballina Byron Airport is a 45 minute drive and has daily services to and from Sydney and Melbourne
- Public Transport, bus, and coach access is plenty with services available via Greyhound Australia, Premier Motor Services, and New South Wales Trainlink
Highlights of the region
- River cruises and canoe trails
- World Heritage-listed rainforests, mountain ranges, and scenic lookouts.
- Picturesque coastal towns with a thriving café and restaurant scene.
- Local food producers (tropical fruit, cheese, craft beer, gin, coffee)
- Vibrant art community and attractions
Venues and Accommodation
The region has a vast range of event venues to suit conferences and events of any size. From large, purpose-built facilities like Twin Towns Conference & Event Centre to smaller, unique venues such as local distilleries and restaurants.
There are also many accommodation options to choose from in the Tweed, like Peppers Salt Resort & Spa and Mantra Salt Beach Kingscliff just to name a few!
For help finding the perfect venue for your event, send us your event requirements today.
Would you like to know more?
For more information or assistance in planning an event in this region, please give us a call on (02) 4861 5973 or you can contact us here