Located just over an hour south of Sydney, the picturesque Southern Highlands of New South Wales is the perfect destination to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Known for its heritage architecture, manicured estates, cool-climate wineries, and restaurants showcasing the area’s fine local produce, the Southern Highlands is truly a one-of-a-kind destination for your next conference or business event.
Snapshot of the Southern Highlands
- This region is easily accessible from Sydney, Canberra & Wollongong by road & rail.
- The Southern Highlands is just a 90-minute drive south of Sydney CBD and 2 hours drive north of Canberra.
- Hire coaches operate between Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra.
- Sydney trains and NSW Trainlink services stop at various Southern Highlands towns daily. It is roughly a two-hour train ride from Sydney’s Central Station.
Highlights of the region
- English Landscape, National Parks & Waterfalls (check out Fitzroy Falls)
- Boutique stores, cafes and historic landmarks at Australia’s best-preserved Georgian town of Historic Berrima Village (1831)
- The iconic Bradman Museum & International Cricket Hall of Fame in Bowral.
- Bowral’s famous colourful tulip gardens during spring (also known as ‘Tulip Time’).
- Cool climate vineyards, 17 cellar doors and Sydney’s Pinot Trail
- Fabulous local produce and first-class restaurants
- Paddock to plate tours.
- Home of Australia’s best pies & and the renowned ‘Pie Trail’.
- Beautiful gardens & 7 picturesque golf courses
- A playground of nature-based pursuits such as hikes, cycling, canoeing or treetop ziplining at Illawarra Fly Tree Top Walk.
- Elegant country-style resorts and estates that are unlike any other destination.
Venues and Accommodation
The Southern Highlands has over 4000 beds, with everything from historic country guesthouses to quality resorts and hotels.
This region is also home to over 40 unique meeting spaces ranging from more purpose-built conferencing spaces to unique offerings such as wineries, rustic barns, and farms. To provide you with options that are perfect for your event needs, send us your event requirements for our personalised venue sourcing service.
Business Events Grants
NSW Regional Business Event Development Fund is taking applications for business events held in regional NSW.
- Up to $15,000 (ex GST) for a business event with up to 150 delegates (projected attendance)
- Up to $30,000 (ex GST) for a business event with over 150 delegates (projected attendance)
Applications close 5:00 pm AEDT 31 January 2022, or when funds have been fully expended. If you would like more information on this grant or need help in applying please contact us.
Would you like to know more?
If you are interested in planning a conference or event in the Southern Highlands and would like more information on this destination, please contact us here