This standalone property on the Cairns waterfront with direct access to the marina for reef activities and sunset sailing. Located a 10 minute drive from Cairns Domestic and International Airport,
Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns features:
- 21 event spaces with capacity for up to 330 people theatre-style, 220 banquet-style or 400 stand-up cocktail-style.
- 255 spacious guest rooms and suites, all with balconies and most with water views.
- Outdoor swimming pool with separate children’s pool.
- 36 Horizon Club rooms and suites with access to the private club lounge.
- Adjacent to Reef Fleet Terminal and esplanade.
- 5 minute walk to the city centre and a 10 minute walk to Cairns Convention Centre.
- Four on-site restaurants, cafes and bars.
- Free WiFi throughout the hotel.
- Rainforest gardens and views over the ocean, city and mountains.
Things to do in Cairns
Experience the unparalleled natural beauty of Cairns, where spectacular reefs, ancient rainforests, rich culture, and an alfresco dining scene blend into one.
The gateway to the rest of the Tropical North Queensland region, fly directly to Cairns Airport (domestically or internationally) to discover one of Queensland’s most adventurous cities.
Whether it’s snorkelling through coral gardens, flying over the infinite blues or sailing to tropical islands, there’s an adventure reserved for you on the world’s largest living organism (that you can see from space), the Great Barrier Reef. Breathe in the salt air and explore via boat, snorkel, kayak, helicopter or learn to dive on this world-famous natural wonder. For a longer (and exclusive) experience, spend a night on a moored pontoon and sleep under the stars on the Outer Reef.
Ever explored a 100 million-year-old rainforest? Escape the city and explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Wet Tropics. A place so big in size it makes up 0.12% of Australia, it’s both accessible and diverse, from the easy walk to the famous Curtain Tree Fig to the longer hike to cool off in Nandroya Falls.
Choose to cruise above the rainforest canopy on Skyrail, meet unique wildlife at Rainforestation, Kuranda Koala Gardens, or Cairns Aquarium, or visit the new Munro Martin Park and Cairns Performing Arts Precinct in the CBD.
Connect with culture through the local Indigenous people who have lived on the land for over 40,000 years. Visit Tjapukai Cultural Park, take a guided tour, watch a traditional performance and explore new artworks at the Cairns Indigenous Art Fair.