Hobart is a unique and dynamic destination due to its rich history, picturesque harbour, rugged mountains, gourmet food and wine experiences, and a daring arts scene. With all of the infrastructure and appeal of a modern city, but without the big city interruptions, Hobart is an excellent choice for conferences and events of up to 1,100 delegates.
Did you know – Hobart is one of the only major cities where you can see the southern lights year-round.
HOT TIP – Kunanyi/Mount Wellington lookout has the best views!
Snapshot of Hobart & surrounds
- Hobart International and Domestic Airport is approximately 20 minutes drive from the Hobart city centre. There is an airport shuttle bus that meets all flights coming into Hobart as well as taxis and rideshare available.
- Direct flights are available from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Canberra and New Zealand.
Highlights of the region
- A picturesque harbour
- Gourmet food and wine experiences (with exceptional fresh seafood!)
- Kunanyi (Mt Wellington) – amazing lookout and hikes.
- Salamander Markets – featuring over 300 stallholders of fine local food, jewellery, art and collectables.
- MONA (Museum of Old and New Art)- the world’s largest collection of private art.
- Yacht and luxury catamaran rides.
- Scenic helicopter rides over southern Tasmania
- Mount Field National Park (90-minute drive)
- Bruny Island by ferry – a foodie’s paradise and home to unspoilt wilderness.
- Port Arthur – the world heritage listed, best-preserved convict site in Australia (a scenic 90-minute drive from Hobart).
- Award-winning wines, whisky, spirits and craft beers at a variety of cellar doors and breweries in the region.
Venues and Accommodation
Accommodation options in Hobart are vast and constantly expanding with new hotels The Tasman- a Luxury Collection Hotel, Crowne Plaza, Mövenpick Hotel and Vibe Hotel all opening their doors during the pandemic.
There are event venues to suit all needs and budgets, including conference facilities for up to 1,100 delegates, flexible exhibition spaces for trade shows and exclusive, boutique retreats for smaller corporate and incentive groups.
To see all of your Hobart venue options, check out Business Events Tasmania’s interactive map.
Would you like to know more?
If you are planning a conference or event in Hobart Tasmania and would like some help, please give us a call on (02) 4861 5973 or contact us here.