Starting in the city of Geelong, located less than one hour from Melbourne and traveling all the way down the Victorian coast to the infamous Great Ocean Road. This is a region that’s perfect for business events with loads of venues, activities, and iconic attractions at your fingertips.
Did you know... The Great Ocean Road was constructed by thousands of returned World War I soldiers from 1919-1932. The Memorial Arch at the eastern end of the road is a tribute to the Australian soldiers that lost their lives at war.
Snapshot of Geelong & Great Ocean Road
- Melbourne’s second international airport (Avalon) is just a 17-minute drive from Geelong with regular flights connecting Sydney, Adelaide, and the Gold Coast.
- Geelong is also less than a 1 hour trip from Melbourne by road, train, or ferry.
- Driving the scenic Great Ocean Road is an experience within itself with the main townships equipped for business events being Torquay, Anglesea, and Lorne.
Highlights of the region
- Geelong’s sparkling waterfront hotels and restaurant scene.
- The Geelong area’s food and wine trails with growers, wineries and craft breweries to visit.
- Werribee Open Range Zoo (40-minute drive from Geelong)
- Iconic 12 Apostles lookout, plus many other picturesque lookouts along the journey (including Teddy’s lookout at Lorne and Loch Ard Gorge at Port Campbell).
- Bells Beach at Torquay – the home of Australian surfing.
- Erskine Falls and Great Otway National Park (ideal for leisurely walks or treetop ropes courses)
- Split point lighthouse (who remembers the show Round the Twist?)
- World-class golf courses
Venues and Accommodation
As mentioned there are so many event venues and accommodations for you to choose from. In Geelong, you have Novotel Geelong which features a dedicated conference level and amazing views across the bay. Or further down the coast you have a selection of resorts that are well suited for events such as Peppers The Sands Torquay, RACV Torquay Resort and Mantra Lorne.
For help finding the perfect venue for your Geelong or Great Ocean Road event, send us your event requirements today.
Business Events Grants
Business Events Support Fund is offering grants for business events held in Geelong and the Great Ocean Road region, with eligible events of any size receiving up to $50 per delegate.
If you would like assistance in applying for this grant feel free to contact us.
Would you like to know more?
For more information on these regions or for help with venue sourcing your next event contact us here