Treat your tastebuds and indulge your sense of fun and adventure in the Northern Territory’s tropical capital city. From the sparkling harbour and WWII history to the city’s Asian-influenced food and tropical outdoor lifestyle, Darwin is an events destination that has so much to offer!
Home to a tropical climate, Darwin’s wet season is from November to April. So for the best conditions for outdoor activities, visit Darwin during its dry season (May to October).
Snapshot of Darwin & Surrounds
- Darwin International Airport offers daily flights from all Australian capital cities. International flights arrive from Singapore, the Philippines, and Indonesia.
- Airport transfers – There’s a 24-hour shuttle service from the airport to the city and back, plus taxi options.
- The Ghan luxury train travels between Adelaide and Darwin.
Highlights of the region
- The famous Mindil Beach Sunset Markets, with international cuisine from over 60 food stalls, including Indonesian, Malaysian, Sri Lankan, Turkish, Greek, Cambodian, and Japanese
- Crocodile sight cruises (or up-close encounters with baby crocs).
- Scenic flights over the wetlands
- Sunset harbour cruises.
- Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, with incredible Aboriginal art, maritime history, Cyclone Tracy history and the opportunity for a selfie with Sweetheart – a five-metre saltwater crocodile.
- Nearby Litchfield and Kakadu national parks
- George Brown Botanic Gardens
- Darwin war museum
- Plus so many tour options to choose from such as; adventure, safari and fishing tours, camping and eco-tours, Aboriginal culture, heritage and walking tours
Venues and Accommodation
The waterfront Darwin Convention Centre caters for up to 1,200 delegates, offering a number of flexible indoor and outdoor event spaces. Plus there are many more small and unique spaces across the city for more intimate events.
Accommodation is aplenty with a number of accommodation options overlooking the picturesque Darwin harbour including Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, DoubleTree by Hilton and Adina Apartment Darwin Waterfront, plus much more.
To match you with the best venue or accommodation for your events, send us your event requirements today.
Business Events Grants
Would you like to know more?
For more information on If you are interested in planning an event in Darwin and would like more information contact us here