The Byron Bay region is not only a must-see for tourists but a fantastic destination for corporates. Known for its pristine beaches, scenic hinterland, and unique creative culture unlike anywhere else in Australia, this region could be the perfect place for your next conference, incentive, or retreat.
Did you know... Cavanbah, the Aboriginal name for Byron Bay actually means ‘meeting place’ as traditionally the area was a favourite meet-up place for the Arakwal people and other Bunjalung nation tribes.
Snapshot of Byron Bay & Surrounds
- Ballina Byron Gateway Airport located in Ballina offers daily flights from most major Australian cities. The town of Byron Bay is just a 30-minute drive from the airport with transfer shuttles and car rentals available.
- Gold Coast Airport located in Coolangatta QLD is the closest international airport, just a 45-minute drive to Byron Bay.
Highlights of the region
- Beautiful beaches (with many great surf spots)
- Byron Bay hinterland (secluded retreats and scenic hikes)
- Stunning resorts and retreats with unique eco offerings
- A great offering of wellness and mindfulness activities.
- Robust local food culture with a strong focus on local, organic produce.
- Views from the Cape Byron Lighthouse – the most easterly point in Australia.
- The ‘Big Prawn’ located in Ballina
- Plenty of talented creatives, entertainers, and artists in the region.
- Character-filled rural villages surrounding Byron.
Venues and Accommodation
As a major tourist destination and the site of many large festivals, the event facilities and accommodation in this region are truly world-class. For example, Byron Events Farm (the home of the iconic Bluesfest) is a 300-acre purpose-built event site, ideal for larger conferences, product launches, and events. Or for a luxury experience surrounded by nature, you have the incredible 5-star resorts Elements of Byron and Byron at Byron from the Crystalbrook Collection.
To match you with the best venue or accommodation for your events, send us your event requirements today.
Quick tip – this destination is best suited to business events from May – October as accommodation can quickly fill up over summer and during the annual music festivals.
Business Events Grants
NSW Regional Business Event Development Fund is taking applications for business events held in regional NSW.
- Up to $15,000 (ex GST) for a business event with up to 150 delegates (projected attendance)
- Up to $30,000 (ex GST) for a business event with over 150 delegates (projected attendance)
Applications close 5:00 pm AEDT 31 January 2022, or when funds have been fully expended. If you would like more information on this grant or need help in applying please contact us.
Would you like to know more?
For more information on the Byron Bay region or for help with venue sourcing your next event contact us here