Matching you to the right destination and the right venue.
- Short for familiarisation program, it is an opportunity for people to experience a region, product or package.
A famil is the best way to really understand a venue and destination.
Whether your event brief requires an upmarket private dining room, a boardroom with a view, a venue with a local produce menu, or even a ‘secret’ venue for a product launch, we can help.
Our famil program allows you to explore the venues and the destination for yourself. Meet the suppliers, taste the food, hit the shops and dip your toes into the water.
Virtual Site Inspections
Nestled amid white-sand beaches and verdant tropical gardens, Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas is a stunning five-star hotel in North Queensland. Take advantage of its location near two UNESCO World Heritage sites — the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest — and enjoy intimate access to some of Australia’s most dazzling destinations.
The hotel features:
- Enjoy fine dining at our award-winning restaurant Harrisons by Spencer Patrick, or take in tropical sunshine and palm tree breezes with a fresh bite and tropical cocktail at Lagoon House. Absorb the vivid blue waters overlooking our lagoon pools and enjoy fresh local seafood and Australian cuisine at our vibrant and casual Feast restaurant. Click here for the menus.
- 295 guest rooms, suites and thoughtfully designed villas to inspire relaxation.
- Mirage Country Club, an 18-hole golf course, saltwater lagoon pools, 24-hour fitness centre, bicycle hire, yoga and meditation.
- 18 flexible indoor and outdoor event venues on famous Four Mile Beach with space for up to 1,000 delegates. Sheltered by swaying coconut palm trees, our lush tropical gardens span 147 hectares and include more than two hectares of stunning blue lagoons, making our Port Douglas hotel resort an idyllic place to meet.
The award-winning PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport offers unrivalled connection to Melbourne Airport. You will find the perfect landing place for your meetings and events.
The hotel features:
- 276 contemporary guest rooms and suites
- Over 1,000 square metres of dedicated events space
- 16 modern and spacious meeting rooms
- Space capacities of two to 300 delegates
- Most event spaces have abundant natural light and runway views
- Double-glazed windows to eliminate outside noise
- State-of-the-art technology and onsite audio visual support from ENCORE
- Unlimited complimentary WiFi
- Guests have 24-hour access to the hotel’s business centre
- 24-hour fitness centre, heated indoor pool, spa, sauna or stream room
- Three on-site dining options include Airo Restaurant, Bar Airo and Café Airo
- Clean stay program – Pan Pacific Cares – ensures the highest safety and wellbeing of our guests, associates and wider community
Ben Ean, formally known as Lindeman’s, is one of the most breathtaking and historic sites in the Hunter Wine Country, set upon 200 acres. With six designated event spaces, there is something suitable for every group and event.
Whether it is an intimate dinner in the 1907 Still House or canapes by the vines on the Garden Terrace, Ben Ean is a destination for grand gatherings, corporate and private functions, and luncheons and dinners.
The venue features:
- 6 unique spaces – catering for groups of 10 – 600+ delegates
- The Heritage-listed Courtyard is fully enclosed and is perfect if you are looking for a larger space with a rustic vibe to match the surrounding Hunter Valley area. With timber walls, wooden beams, barrel wall and unique sky view opening roof top, the only styling you may wish to add is a touch of greenery to create that real vineyard feel indoors.
- The award winning Baume restaurant is open to group bookings and private events. The food is Mediterranean-inspired with the emphasis on bringing people together with shared meals.
- The Garden Terrace is the ideal space, positioned to take advantage of the beautiful outlook of the vineyard and it surroundings. This space includes a woodfired pizza oven.
- The historic Still House, dating back to 1907, has been recently renovated bringing you the perfect space for VIP wine tastings or intimate degustation dinners.
Located in Austinmer, on the picturesque south coast of New South Wales, Headlands boasts uninterrupted, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and is an easy one-hour drive south of Sydney.
With state-of-the-art facilities, breathtaking views and an abundance of natural light, the modern conference space is sure to impress.
The event space is highly flexible and can accommodate groups of any size, from 10 to 370. Headlands also offers luxurious, self-contained and serviced apartments to accommodate your guests
The hotel features:
- 50+ low-rise, self-contained and serviced apartments, ranging from studio rooms through to two-bedroom penthouses
- Ocean View Room – 350m2 of pillar-less conferencing and event space, with natural light and panoramic views of the ocean
- Brasserie & Bar – laidback casual dining using fresh, seasonal produce by the sea
- Beer Garden with cuisine pop-ups and live acoustic music every Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- The Airstream Dumpling Bar & Café – food truck eats with a difference.
- Complimentary AV – data projector and screen
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary parking
- Swimming pool and tennis courts
Latest Famil Wrap-ups
Twelve top event planners converged on The Langham Sydney for an elegant famil that started with cocktails in The Observatory Bar.
On November 21st, 15 of us gathered at the recently refurbished Sofitel on Wentworth in the Sydney CBD.
The Conference Shop team took some of their favourite event planners to the Hunter Valley for the weekend. Check out what they did.