Matching you to the right destination and the right venue.
- Short for familiarisation program, it is an opportunity for people to experience a region, product or package.
A famil is the best way to really understand a venue and destination.
Whether your event brief requires an upmarket private dining room, a boardroom with a view, a venue with a local produce menu, or even a ‘secret’ venue for a product launch, we can help.
Our famil program allows you to explore the venues and the destination for yourself. Meet the suppliers, taste the food, hit the shops and dip your toes into the water.
There are currently no famils.
If you would like to be the first to hear about future famils we are planning, subscribe to our email list below.
Virtual Site Inspections
Located next to the lively Adelaide Central Market, this bold and modern new hotel is inspired by the eclectic suburb it calls home. With stylish and unique accommodation, two great restaurants, boutique event spaces, and the highest rooftop bar in Adelaide, there is a lot to love about Hotel Indigo Adelaide Markets.
The hotel features:
- 145 rooms including 25 suites with views over Adelaide city, the hills, and the ocean.
- Each room enjoys a king bed, two head rainfall showers, Biology amenities, and complimentary Wifi
- 24/7 gym facilities
- Infinity pool heated to 26 degrees year-round
- Two board room style spaces, one private and one semi-private that can hold up to 8pax (Sloan Room) and 16 pax (Vicars Room).
- Large flatscreen TV, Chromecast, Policom and conference amenities (additional AV available on request).
- The Mezzanine can be used as a function space for 80pax and the Merrymaker rooftop bar can accommodate 96pax.
- Two onsite restaurants: Market & Meander Bar & Eatery (modern Australian cuisine) and Merrymaker rooftop bar and restaurant.
- Adelaide Convention Centre is just a 20-minute walk or a 7-minute drive.
- Adelaide Airport is a 15-minute drive.
Just seconds away from the hustle and bustle of Sydney’s Australia Square, A by Adina Sydney offers delegates the comfort, space, and amenities of a high-end private apartment mixed with the convenience of the inner-city location.
An ideal venue for conference accommodation, corporate dinners, and drinks, Dean & Nancy on 22 is the hotel’s cocktail bar, inspired by the moody swinging bars of the 1950s.
A by Adina Sydney features:
- 194 beautifully appointed rooms
- Studio, one and two-bedroom apartments, and premium ‘Destination A’ apartments, all with city views through the floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Luxe Dreamcatcher bed with premium linen, pillow menu, and block-out blinds for the perfect sleep experience.
- Separate lounge-dining areas fully equipped kitchen and laundry in the apartments.
- Espresso machines & pods and ‘Tea Drop’ premium tea selection
- Dean & Nancy on 22- cocktail bar from the global award-winning Maybe Sammy team.
- Complimentary unlimited high-speed Wi-Fi
- Amenities on demand: take the most-loved items from your stay home with you.
- 24-hour reception
- An indoor heated mineral pool and hotel gym.
- Dry cleaning available
- Secure parking at 109 Pitt St Sydney (special rates for guests).
- Located just minutes away from the Ivy precinct, Cliftons, and The Fullerton Hotel for nearby conference and meeting facilities.
- ‘Clean Touch’ Covid -19 health and hygiene protocols
Hobart is a unique and dynamic destination due to its rich history, picturesque harbour, rugged mountains, gourmet food and wine experiences, and a daring arts scene. With all of the infrastructure and appeal of a modern city, but without the big city interruptions, Hobart is an excellent choice for conferences and events of up to 1,100 delegates.
Did you know – Hobart is one of the only major cities where you can see the southern lights year-round.
HOT TIP – Kunanyi/Mount Wellington lookout has the best views!
Snapshot of Hobart & surrounds
- Hobart International and Domestic Airport is approximately 20 minutes drive from the Hobart city centre. There is an airport shuttle bus that meets all flights coming into Hobart as well as taxis and rideshare available.
- Direct flights are available from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Canberra and New Zealand.
Highlights of the region
- A picturesque harbour
- Gourmet food and wine experiences (with exceptional fresh seafood!)
- Kunanyi (Mt Wellington) – amazing lookout and hikes.
- Salamander Markets – featuring over 300 stallholders of fine local food, jewellery, art and collectables.
- MONA (Museum of Old and New Art)- the world’s largest collection of private art.
- Yacht and luxury catamaran rides.
- Scenic helicopter rides over southern Tasmania
- Mount Field National Park (90-minute drive)
- Bruny Island by ferry – a foodie’s paradise and home to unspoilt wilderness.
- Port Arthur – the world heritage listed, best-preserved convict site in Australia (a scenic 90-minute drive from Hobart).
- Award-winning wines, whisky, spirits and craft beers at a variety of cellar doors and breweries in the region.
Venues and Accommodation
Accommodation options in Hobart are vast and constantly expanding with new hotels The Tasman- a Luxury Collection Hotel, Crowne Plaza, Mövenpick Hotel and Vibe Hotel all opening their doors during the pandemic.
There are event venues to suit all needs and budgets, including conference facilities for up to 1,100 delegates, flexible exhibition spaces for trade shows and exclusive, boutique retreats for smaller corporate and incentive groups.
To see all of your Hobart venue options, check out Business Events Tasmania’s interactive map.
Would you like to know more?
If you are planning a conference or event in Hobart Tasmania and would like some help, please give us a call on (02) 4861 5973 or contact us here.
Bursting with Colonial and Victorian architecture and century-old parks, Launceston is a delightful riverside city ideal for conferences and events under 1000pax, with all the amenities of a much larger metropolis but walkable, intimate, and friendly.
Did you know – Launceston is the oldest city in Tasmania, with European settlement dating back to 1806.
Snapshot of Launceston
- You can fly directly into Launceston Airport from Sydney (1 hour 45 minutes), Melbourne (1 hour 5 minutes), and Brisbane (2 hours 35 minutes).
- The airport is just 15km south of Launceston CBD with taxis, rideshare, and shuttle buses (to and from the airport) all available.
Highlights of the region
- Vibrant food and wine scene
- Historic estates
- Rich colonial history, museums, and art galleries
- Picturesque Tamar River and boardwalk
- Scenic river cruises
- Hot air balloon rides over the city
- Cataract Gorge – a natural oasis just a 15-minute walk from the CBD, with charming parks and gardens to walk and hike.
- Tamar Valley wine region (excellent cool-climate wineries)
- James Boag Brewery
- Historic towns of Longford and Evandale are just a 20-minute drive from Launceston
- Narawntapu National Park- Aboriginal heritage and wildlife.
- Two of the world’s top golf courses — Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm.
- Bridestowe Lavender Estate and café, just a 45-minute drive away.
- A very easy-to-navigate city with most venues and attractions a walkable distance from one another.
Venues and Accommodation
Accommodation ranges from colonial cottages, unique reinventions of historic landmarks such as Peppers Silo Hotel and sophisticated city hotels like Sebel Launceston and Peppers Seaport.
Launceston Conference Centre can seat up to 950pax for larger conferences and events. Or for something a little different, historic estates, wineries, museums, and river cruises are good choices for offsite dinners and events.
To see all of your venue options, check out Business Events Tasmania’s interactive map.
Would you like to know more?
If you are planning a Launceston conference or business event and would like some help, please give us a call on (02) 4861 5973 or contact us here.
Latest Famil Wrap-ups
Last week Susan from The Conference Shop packed her bags and headed north to join the NT Business Events Famil in Alice Springs. Here Susan got an updated look at all of the venues and experiences that this iconic destination has to offer for business events. Here are...
Last week, The Conference Shop hosted our first in-person famil since lockdown and our experience at the Hyatt Regency Sydney was everything we expected and so much more! Starting with welcome drinks, we were treated to the most spectacular sunset views of Sydney and...
Six Sydney event planners, along with The Conference Shop hosts and the Crown Sydney team, met in the lobby of the hotel to kick off an exciting site inspection of Sydney’s newest hotel.