Just a one hour drive south of Sydney, Wollongong is a dynamic coastal city that is great to visit all year round. With a trendy restaurants and bars, a brewery by the beach and plenty of accommodation options, Wollongong can accommodate the groups of any size and style.
Unique activities for delegates in and around Wollongong include skydiving onto the beach, paragliding, Harley and Ferrari joy rides, and playing golf on a beachside course. Nearby Lake Illawarra also offers a variety of water sports such as sailing, waterskiing, canoeing and fishing. Or explore the sites of this region by bicycle with over 60kms of cycling tracks along the Wollongong coast.
The surrounding mountain landscapes also offer group hiking opportunities and scenic lookout spots to take in breathtaking views of all of Wollongong.
- Experience panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean on the Grand Pacific Drive (Sea Cliff Bridge).
- Find your inner peace at Nan Tien Temple- the largest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Have a ocean-side seafood feast at award winning Lagoon Restaurant.
Drive By Car
- 80 minutes drive from Sydney CBD
- 60 minutes drive from Macarthur in Sydney’s South-West
2 hours 30 minutes drive from Canberra
By Train/ Rail
- 90 minutes from Wolli Creek Station.
- If you're travelling from Sydney CBD (Central Station), Domestic or International Airports, change trains at Wolli Creek to travel to Wollongong.
- Daily coach service by Murrays from Canberra to Wollongong. Departs Canberra at 6pm and arrives in Wollongong at 9:20pm.
Climate of Wollongong
- Water activities (surfing, kayaking, paddle-boarding)
- Dolphin & Whale watching
- Sky diving.
- Harley Davidson bike tours
- Wine and brew tastings
- Spa treatments
- Other team building activities contact a local provider (see Wollongong event suppliers).