Situated on the beautiful Murrumbidgee River, Wagga Wagga (Wagga) is the largest inland regional city in New South Wales. The region can also be easily accessed from both Sydney and Melbourne with the Wagga Wagga Regional Airport offering direct flights each day to and from Sydney and Melbourne.
Wagga is known for its vast natural beauty, in fact it is often referred to as the Garden City of the South because of its tree-lined streets, sculpted parks and award-winning gardens. It is also a region renowned for its outstanding food and wine, with the nearby towns of Lockhart and Junee being home to many award winning wineries. This is perfect for team building, a leisurely escape or a unique space for your event or accommodation.
Wagga is also the historic hub in the Riverina area, with a vast amount of historic architecture and attractions for delegates to see. Some of these historic ‘must sees’ include the Wagga Wagga Courthouse, the Museum of the Riverina and the RAAF Wagga Heritage Centre- an interesting look at the history of the Australian Air Force (which is also based in the area).
As a major regional hub in NSW you will not have trouble finding suitable accommodation and great off site dining options for your delegates. It truly is an all rounded regional destination!
See Wagga Wagga on google maps.
- Sample some of the region’s renowned warm climate wines (this climate is great for punchy reds and sweet whites!)
- Hire a boat and take a cruise down the Murray River for a unique addition to your event!
- Visit the Junee Liquorice and chocolate factory (30 mins drive North of Wagga).
Drive By Car
- From Canberra- 2 hours 30 mins - Get onto the Barton Highway, follow the signs for Hume Highway (towards Melbourne) and follow until you reach the Wagga Wagga exit.
By Train/ RailWagga Wagga is serviced by the XPT Countrylink Train from both Sydney and Melbourne (direct trains). It is also accessible from Canberra with Countrylink services (with transfers).
- From Sydney- 6 hour 15 mins- There are two services daily (morning and night).
- From Melbourne - 6 hour 32 mins - There are two services daily (morning and night).
- From Canberra- 4 hour 32 mins - There are several services daily with one change over per trip. See NSW Trainlink for more details.
By AirWagga Wagga Airport is located just 11 km from the town centre.
- From Sydney- 1 hour 10 mins - There are multiple flights per day with Qantas Link and Regional Express (Rex)
- From Melbourne- I hour 10 mins - There are multiple flights per day with Regional Express (Rex).
Climate of Wagga Wagga
- Wine tastings and cellar door tours.
- Brewery tours and tastings.
- Liquorice and chocolate making classes (at Junee)
- River cruises
- Historic Tours (e.g. The Ned Kelly trail at Jerilderie)
- Farm tours
- Cultural tours
- Animal encounters at Wagga's Mini zoo.
- Orienteering, Bush walking
- Kayaking , Canoeing
- Play a game of golf
- Or contact The Conference Shop team on (02) 4861 5973 and we'll put you in touch with a local team building company.