The NSW South Coast is a picturesque coastline with a range of stunning natural attractions. From crystal-clear waters, tranquil beaches and hectares of national parks, the South Coast an ideal place to escape ‘the hustle and bustle’ of the city.
The South Coast is a vast area stretching from the Illawarra and Kiama, to include the Shellharbour area including Gerringong and Gerroa, the Shoalhaven towns of Jervis Bay, Husskisson, and Mollymook, all the way south to the Eurobodalla towns of Batemans Bay, Moruya and Mogo.
There is so much to see and do in this vast region including walking along the ‘whitest sands’ in Australia at Husskisson beach, fun water activities like stand up paddleboarding, kayaking and fishing at Lake Illawarra, or even diving, snorkelling and dolphin and whale-watching tours at Mollymook and Batemans Bay. With an ideal temperate climate, the South Coast can be enjoyed by delegates all year round.
Discover great food & wine in the region’s villages, like Kiama the picturesque home of the famous ‘Blowhole’ rock formation and the beautiful, quaint villages of Berry and Kangaroo Valley.
- Experience the natural wonder of the blow hole at Kiama.
- Wander through the quant little village of Berry and stop for a coffee and a bite.
- Head to Ulladulla Wharf for a swim in the sea pool or to surf in the nearby beach.
Drive By Car
- From Sydney to Kiama: It takes approx an hour and 50 mins via the M1 and the Princes Highway. See on Google maps
- From Sydney to Batemans Bay: It takes approx 3 h 51 min (278.0 km) via Princes Highway. See on Google maps.
- From Canberra to Kiama:It takes approx 2 hours and 40 mins to travel from Canberra to Kiama via Federal Hwy/Remembrance Driveway/M23 and Hume Hwy. See on Google maps
- From Canberra to Batemans Bay: It takes approx 1 h 52 min (147.7 km) via B52. See on Google maps
By Train/ Rail
- From Sydney to Kiama: From Wynyard station, it takes approx 2 hours and 30 mins to travel to Kiama and it is on City Rails South Coast line. See City Rail for timetables.
- From Sydney to Kiama: It takes approx 2 hours via the M1 and the Princes Highway.
- From Sydney to Batemans Bay:It takes approx 6.5 hours to reach Batemans Bay.
- From Canberra to Kiama:It takes approx 3 hours and 10 mins to travel from Canberra to Kiama via Federal Hwy/Remembrance Driveway/M23 and Hume Hwy.
- From Canberra to Batemans Bay: It takes approx 2.5 hours.
Climate of South Coast
- Fishing, diving, canoeing and boating
- Bush walking, orienteering and mountain biking pursuits.
- Indoor activities include: The Bike Factory, Movie Trailor Magic, Picasso Factor, Battle Of The Minds, Casino Night, Cocktail Shake Up, Trivia Night, just to name a few!
- For local team building services, please contact us on (02) 4861 5973 and we will put you in touch with one of preferred suppliers.