Situated between a working harbour and a panorama of beautiful beaches, Newcastle is a vibrant cosmopolitan city and a ‘must visit’ for your next business event.
Home to one of Australia’s only historical war sites, a vibrant arts culture, and a budding food and bar scene, there is plenty to see and do in Newcastle. However, Newcastle is most known for its amazing beaches and surf culture, with Merewether Beach being home to one of Australia’s only international surfing competitions- Surfest. But if surfing is not your thing, you can still take in the beauty of Newcastle’s coastline perfectly via the great coastal walk and bicycle track ‘the Bathers Way’.
Newcastle also offers a variety of accommodation for groups of every size and budget, from motels, character B&B’s, to serviced apartments and large modern hotels accommodating more than 300 guests.
See Newcastle on Google maps
Top 3 Must Do’s
- Take the historic tour of Port Scratchley- there is a special heritage Newcastle train!
- Bar hop Newcastle’s small bar scene, maybe even see some live music.
- Walk or ride the picturesque Bathers Way coastal track.
Drive By Car
- 2 hours from Sydney: Follow the Pacific Motorway (M1) taking the Newcastle Link Road exit; this will bring you into the heart of the City.
By Train/ Rail
- 3 hours and 15 minutes from Sydney. Visit the Transport Sydney Trains website for further information and timetables.
- Newcastle is serviced by a range of coach companies throughout Australia with regular connections to and from various locations. Find out more
- Less than a one hour flight from Sydney to Newcastle airport.
- Newcastle airport is located 30 minutes from the CBD. Newcastle is serviced by three major carriers; Qantaslink, Virgin Australia and Jetstar, as well as regional carrier Aeropelican, which makes accessing Newcastle more feasible for regional groups.
- For further information on timetables, services or to book a transfer, contact Newcastle Airport on 02 4928 9822.
Climate of Newcastle
- Paddle boarding, waterskiing or kayaking.
- Surf school
- Historical or cultural tours.
- Beach Olympics.
- Fishing or boat charters.
- Cellar door tastings
- National Park tours (including personal encounters with animals).
- A number of indoor activities such as: grape to glass, corporate drumming, battle of the minds and many more! Contact us on (02) 4861 5973 and we'll put you in touch with local team building companies.