Mid North Coast
The Mid North Coast region is a large 17,218 square kilometres, halfway between Sydney and Brisbane.
It is made up of six local Government areas: Coffs Harbour, Bellingen, Nambucca, Kempsey, Port Macquarie – Hastings and Greater Taree. It also includes the World Heritage Area of Lord Howe Island, about 600km east of Port Macquarie.
The Mid-North Coast’s landscape is characterised by winding rivers, lush hinterland, and over one hundred kilometres of pristine beaches. This region is lush from a high rainfall and is considered by many to have the ‘most ideal climate’ in all of Australia.
The largest town centres of this region are Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie. Both have significant airports and are less than an hour’s flight from Sydney and Brisbane. The dual lane upgrade of the Pacific Highway also puts the region within a four hour drive of Sydney, Newcastle, the Gold Coast and Brisbane.
The best way to experience the beautiful natural landscapes and perfect climate of this region is by ‘getting out’ and enjoying the diverse range of outdoor activities. Some of this region’s activities include kayaking, water skiing, surf lessons, a game of golf or so much more!
- Visit the iconic ‘Big Banana’ in Coffs Harbour- there’s so much to see and do!
- Get up close and personal with dolphins and seals at Dolphin Marine Magic Park.
- Try a craft beer at the Black Duck Brewery in Port Macquarie.
By AirTo Coffs Harbour
- 1 hour and 15 mins from Sydney, direct flights operating daily.
- 1 hour 50 mins from Melbourne, direct flights operate weekly (on Saturdays) but transfers from Sydney airport are available everyday.
- Operators servicing this region include - QantasLink, Tigerair and Virgin Australia
- 55 mins from Sydney, direct flights operating daily
- 1 hour 25 mins from Brisbane, direct flights operating daily.
- Operators servicing this region are QantasLink and Virgin Airlines.
Climate of Mid North Coast
- Air sports- skydiving and paragliding
- Scenic flights (small planes and helicopters).
- Horse riding tours (sometimes on the beach)
- Recreational surfing and surf school.
- Boat charters, fishing trips / tours and whale watching.
- River cruises
- Cycling tours
- Water skiing, kayaking and wake boarding.
- Go karting
- The Big Banana - Coffs Harbour. Lots to see and do including: toboggan rides, candy workshops, iceskating, mini golf, laser tag and the new water amusement park.