About the Hunter Valley…
Known for being New South Wales’ premier wine region, the Hunter Valley is an easy 2 hours drive from the Sydney CBD. With over 150 wineries, vineyards and cellar doors as well as a number of renowned restaurants, the Hunter Valley is the perfect destination to indulge in some of the best Australian food and wine.
The Hunter Valley is also the perfect place to unwind, whether it be by pampering yourself in a deluxe day spa or with a leisurely game of golf in one of the region’s championship golf courses.
See the Hunter Valley on Google Maps
Top 3 Must Do’s
- Watch the sun rise with a dawn hot air balloon ride.
- Hire a mini bus and tour some of the region’s amazing cellar doors.
- Tee off on one of the region’s championship golf courses.
Drive By CarFrom Sydney route 1: Approximately 2 hours
- Cross the Sydney Harbour Bridge and continue along the Pacific Hwy and before Hornsby (at Wahroonga) take right turn onto F3 Freeway (signs direct you to Newcastle). Continue north for 1 hour until you see a sign saying Cessnock/Hunter Valley, then exit left.
- Turn off the F3 Freeway at Peats Ridge. Enjoy a leisurely drive through scenic mountains and arrive into the Hunter Valley at the historic town of Wollombi. This takes approximately 30 mins longer.
By Train/ Rail
- Daily train services depart from Sydney’s Central Station to Maitland, Newcastle, Singleton or Morisset. There are connecting buses from each of these stations to the Hunter Valley.
- 2 hours travel time from Sydney Central
Climate of Hunter Valley
- Hot air balloon rides
- Wine tasting, wine tours and wine appreciation.
- Brewery tours and tastings
- Cooking classes
- Tough Corporate Mudder
- Bicycle rides / bike tours
- Cocktail, candy or chocolate making classes.
- A number of exciting indoor games and activities. Please contact one of our recommended local suppliers for more details (see Hunter Valley event suppliers).