Known as the City of smiles, Dubbo offers a refreshing blend of urban and rural cultures.
With rich cultural heritage, world class attractions and blossoming arts scene, Dubbo provides locals and visitors alike with unique and interesting experiences.
Dubbo is a thriving and dynamic regional city that is rich in both culture and history. Dubbo’s historical character can be seen in a number of museums and historic sites around the city, one of which is the restored old Dubbo Gaol- a chilling reminder of Victorian – era prison life. However the most famous attraction in Dubbo is undoubtly the Taronga Western Plains Zoo. A beautifully spacious zoo, home to hundreds of domestic and foreign animals (not to mention a great one of the best function venues!)
Dubbo City Airport has services from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, making it much more accessible to delegates. From Sydney it is just a short 45 min flight and a 10 minute drive to the Dubbo CBD (only 7kms!)
See Dubbo on Google maps
Top 3 Must Do’s
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo (try the Safari Lodge for an extra special accommodation experience!)
- Learn the interesting, Australian history of the old Dubbo Gaol.
- Relax and unwind with a walk through the Dubbo regional botanic gardens
Drive By Car
- From Sydney: Approx 5 hours- Travel over the Blue Mountains to Lithgow. From Lithgow there are two options; either drive north via Mudgee and Gulgong (396km) or head west via Bathurst and Orange (408km).
- From Canberra: Approx 4 hours 35 mins-Travel north via Yass, Cowra, Canowindra and Molong. (403km)
- From Melbourne: Approx 8 hours 50 mins- Travel along the Newell Highway via Shepparton, Narrandera, West Wyalong and Parkes. (829km)
By Train/ Rail
- From Sydney: The Dubbo XPT runs daily from Sydney to Dubbo, taking 6 hours and 30 mins. Also daily, CityRail trains run to Lithgow with connecting coaches to Dubbo.
- From Sydney: Dubbo City Airport is located 7kms from Dubbo city centre. Flights serviced by Regional Express (REX) and QantasLink are available between Dubbo (DBO) and Sydney (SYD) and take approximately 45 minutes. Flights from capital cities to Dubbo stop over via Sydney airport.
- Dubbo Airport's website www.dubboairport.com offers the latest information on scheduled arrivals and departures.Daily services from/to Sydney via QantasLink Daily services from/to Sydney via Regional Express Airlines Services to from/to Brisbane and Melbourne via JetGo
Climate of Dubbo
- Learn to water ski, wake board or ride the fast inflatables on the Macquarie River.
- Feel like a kid again at ‘Flip out’ trampoline park.
- Group cycling trip along the tracker riley cycleway and take in the local sights.
- Visit the wildlife at Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
- Tour the old Dubbo Gaol.
- Visit the historical and Dundullimal Homestead
- Watch a local or national performance at the Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre