About the Blue Mountains…
Stretching over 1 million hectares, the Blue Mountains is an inspiring mix of rainforest, golden sandstone escarpments, intriguing canyons, and windswept heath lands. This iconic Australian region gained UNESCO World Heritage listing in 2000 and a national landscape status to acknowledge its world-class experiences of environmental and cultural significance.
An absolute must see in this region is the iconic Three Sisters: one of Australia’s natural wonders. Located at this major attraction in Katoomba, Scenic World allows you to enjoy panoramas of the wilderness, waterfalls, valleys and rugged sandstone tablelands by cablecar or the famous scenic railway.
Meanwhile the enchanting garden village of Leura, provides a refreshing ‘old world’ charm with its heritage cottages, antique shops, cafes and art galleries.
With such breathtaking natural beauty and a serene atmosphere, it is a surprise to many that the Blue Mountains is just an easy 90 minutes west of Sydney.
See the Blue Mountains on Google maps.
Top 3 Must Do’s
- Enjoy a high Tea with a view of the escarpment at the Hydro Majestic.
- Ride the steepest train in the world at Scenic World, Katoomba.
- Walk through the beautiful natural grounds of Wentworth Falls.
Drive By Car
- 90 minutes from Sydney via the M4 Motorway to Katoomba (a main town in the Blue Mountains).
By Train/ Rail
- 2 hours travel time from Central Station Sydney
- 2.5 hours travel time from Sydney.
Climate of Blue Mountains
- Guided adventures
- Abseiling or rock climbing
- Segway off road adventures
- Aboriginal walks and educational tours
- Spa treatments
- For local team building services, please contact us on (02) 4861 5973 and we'll put you in touch with one of our preferred suppliers.