About Albury & Wodonga…
Albury-Wodonga is situated along Australia’s spectacular Murray River which geographically divides the twin cities. Albury is located on the north side in New South Wales while Wodonga is located on the south bank in the state of Victoria. Today Albury-Wodonga is a growing, vibrant and tranquil destination where locals and visitors can find time to stop, relax, unwind and explore.
The vibrant city of Albury is located right on the Murray River, near the NSW and Victorian border. With a busy regional airport, just 5km from the city centre and direct exits on the Hume Highway, Albury is one of the easiest regional destinations to get to from Melbourne (310km), Canberra (367km) and Sydney (552km).
There are plenty of parks where you can both explore and relax including the beautiful Sumsion Gardens featuring a large lagoon, walking tracks and a fabulous playground for the children. The Albury Botanic Gardens is ‘a must’ see established in 1887 and Albury’s Noreuil Park is one of the most popular riverside parks in Albury featuring mature shade trees, a number of picnic tables, open grass spaces and wildlife situated along the banks of the Murray River.
For those who enjoy walks or bike riding, there are a multitude of cycle ways and walking paths to experience in both Albury and Wodonga. Albury alone offers more than 40km of interlinked on-road and off-road trails and pathways, while Wodonga boasts more than 80km of bike and walking paths.
In addition to the many treasured cafes within the twin cities you can enjoy some amazing pubs, clubs and restaurants featuring fresh regional produce. Albury Wodonga can cater for small groups but also up to 1000 delegates.
See Albury on Google maps.
Top 3 Must Do’s
- Take a canoe or kayak onto the Murray River.
- Drive or walk up to Monument Hill War Memorial.
- Go on a wildlife tour of the Wonga Wetlands.
Drive By CarFrom Melbourne
- 3 hours 20 mins via the Hume Highway (there are two Albury exits).
By Train/ RailXPT Train services Albury from Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne. From Sydney (Central Station)
- 7 hours 39 mins
- 2 services departing Central Station daily (morning and night).
- 5 hours 49 mins
- 4 services departing Kingston Station daily with one train change over during the trip (see NSW TrainLink for details).
- 3 hours 19 mins
- 2 services departing Southern Cross Station daily (morning and night).
By AirThere are currently approximately 180 flights per week going into Albury. From Sydney
- Flight duration- 1 hour 20 mins
- Multiple flights daily from Sydney Domestic Airport.
- Carriers include: Qantas Link, Virgin Australia, Regional Express (Rex).
- Flight duration: 1 hour.
- Monday to Friday- Three flights daily to Albury from Melbourne Domestic Airport (Tullamarine).
- Saturday to Sunday- One Flight daily to Albury from Melbourne Domestic Airport (Tullamarine).
Climate of Albury Wodonga
- Water skiing, kayaking or canoeing on the Murray River or lakes.
- Boat charters, fishing trips / tours.
- Hiking, orienteering or nature tours.
- Cycling tours.
- Visit a working farm.
- Albury Library Museum
- Tours and tastings at wineries.
- Wine mixing.
- Food tours and cooking classes.
- Historical tour of the area.
- Spa treatments.
- Bush yoga and meditation.
- Art and craft classes.